Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Prison


Lying here in the dark with the flannel sheet tucked tightly under my chin, my fear has me pinned to the bed. My eyes are forced to fixate on the room at the end of the hallway. The darkness that surrounds me gives way only to the illuminating light that fills the space around the door to his private room. The doorway to Hell could not be more frightening to me at this moment.


His shadow is stirring vigorously around his room, I imagine he is pacing the floor, he has a habit of that. I can’t make out what his voice is saying from this distance, but I do know that he is alone.

The burning ache of my eyes reminds me to blink. I wish I could close my eyes and escape into sleep. The hardwood and cold walls were never home to me, but now this darkness, this room feels like a prison.



No comments:

Post a Comment